Control your web browsing experience with Roadblock, a powerful content blocker for Safari. Roadblock blocks annoying and unwanted web content, protects your privacy and security, improves webpage load time, and reduces browsing data usage.
Roadblock is available for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Profiles and settings sync seamlessly across all devices.
• Comprehensive and optimized built-in rules to block ads, pop-ups, tracking, social buttons and widgets, images, videos, scripts, and more
• Create and manage your own rules
• Block or whitelist resources and websites
• Hide webpage elements
• Strip cookies from web requests
• Force the loading of websites and resources over a secure connection (https)
• Specify URL filters using a simple and an intuitive filter format or using regular expressions
• View and manage all custom rules generated by Roadblock when you use its Safari extension to block and hide content visually
• Search, copy and paste, import, export, and share custom rules
• Create and manage multiple profiles with different settings
• Activate profiles on demand
• Use different profiles on different devices
• Import, export, and duplicate profiles
• Share profiles with family and friends
• Modern Safari extension that lets you block and hide content visually, change the active profile, turn blocking on or off, add custom rules, and view the count of blocked resources
• Modern blocker extension that blocks content with minimal overhead and high performance
• Doesn't have access to your browsing activities and can't send any information about what was blocked back to the app
• Keeps profiles and settings up-to-date across all your devices (Mac, iPhone, and iPad)
• Lets you access your profiles and settings from any device
Please note that the dark appearance is only available on macOS Mojave (10.14) or above when the appearance is dark.
You can learn more about Roadblock for Mac at:
• Performance improvements
• Bug fixes
The update includes a fix for an issue that caused the blocker extension to sometimes not refresh its rules.
Please open the app after updating it. It is recommended to have Safari closed when you open the app for the first time after updating it.