New content update added! More updates coming, see below for details.
Death Road to Canada is a Randomly Generated Road Trip Action-RPG. You manage a group of jerks as they explore cities, find weird people, and face up to 500 zombies at once. Everything's randomized: locations, events, survivor personalities and skills. There's a different story every time you play.
Travel the Death Road from Florida to Canada, the last nation on Earth. Find special events, rare encounters, and unique recruits. Recruit a grunting super-bodybuilder who's strong enough to pick up and throw the car. Try to teach a dog how to walk upright and shoot a minigun.
Most of all, get eaten by enormous hordes of slow, classic-style zombies.
DEATH ROAD FEATURES:
- Designed for massive amounts of replay value.
- Character Maker lets you put friends and family into the game.
- Meet your custom characters during your travels. Get them eaten by mistake or on purpose.
- Make tough choices in text events that change depending on your group.
- Your team has different personalities, and someone may betray the others. Be careful!
- Lots and lots of secret events and unique characters with special abilities.
- Equip a wide variety of different weapons. Splat zombies with a flamethrower, battleaxe, hockey stick, wizard staff (lightning bolt), Mjolnir, boomerang, and much more.
- Canada jokes written by a real Canadian so they're 100% accurate.
- Get rid of all humans and make an entire team composed of dogs driving the car.
- Airhorn weapon with incredibly realistic, computer-generated airhorn sounds.
We've already done lots of updates, and there are more updates coming! We're adding new features, locations, characters, weapons, and more!
Next Update will likely focus on new weapons, locations, and special trading camps.
Lots of new features in this update, including new gameplay modes, a new way to pick a new leader, multiplayer improvements, and more!
- 3 new gameplay modes added!
- Endless Mode added, see how far you can get
- Over Powered Party Mode added. This lets you start in a special map that lets you recruit any rare character in the game
Quick Death Mode added. It's Short Trip to Heck, but with the difficulty tripled
Removed the "pick a new character" text event when the leader is killed. Now it works similarly to how joining in as a multiplayer buddy would work, meaning you should be able to choose a new character more seamlessly. This only takes one second to kick in. Swipe to change characters, attack or tap a button to pick that character as new leader.
Expanded multplayer features! 4 players supported, if you have enough MFI controllers!
- In multiplayer, player-controlled characters will teleport to the leader's room after one second. This was done to drastically reduce the waiting time when the other players are inactive. This is turned off if the character is grabbed
- Event Picker Cursor splits into P1 through P4 cursors as players join, all can be used
- Players 2-4 now have more control over menu choices. Whoever picks first makes the choice
If the leader dies and there is another player, the leadership will go to that player. Camera will swap over, they will get pause menu control, and the Leader crown will pop over their head
OPP mode has a FORBIDDEN HUT that lets you recruit characters that may break the game. Have fun with that, but also NO REFUNDS
- Special ending wave tweaks for OPP. The ending fight takes about twice as long as in other modes. I may later also make the harder modes have a longer ending fight wave, such as in KEPA Mode
- Endless Mode shows your days in, instead of days left
Endless Mode tracks your highest day reached in the game mode select screen
The game now remembers who the leader was on the next mission. So if Player 2 was leader, they will retain leadership in the next mission.
- All players now will get to retain who they were controlling at the start of the next mission.
- When they're selecting a character to control, non-leader players can now choose to take over the characters of other players.
- Non-leader players can now take over the leader's character. This will give them leadership. This gives a way to swap which player is leader, which was missing before.
The game will run a quick check to clear your control settings to make them compatible with the new 4-player changes.
The ability to press escape to quit a menu added to more menus, for now mostly the supply and weapon traders.
- Changed effect of camp2-zwatch for Sound Sleepers that have no loyalty
- Text adjustments in camp2-bwatch and camp3-trap for Sound Sleepers
- Weegee event now gives a different effect for the fire result if Fireproof
- Fix for the walking event with the yelling car, which would error if you had an Oblivious character
Car Detour event no longer nukes your gas if you're in a 0 gas consumption car
Irritating Trademark Weapon is now a recharging Air Horn
IRRITATION HORN has 20 charges for maximum cooling it
Revamped recruit system on recruit-yes and recruit-replace, now most will give "pick more" with a full group and let you cancel the recruit.
- Exceptions to above: Familiar Face recruiting, which uses a different system that would have problems with this. Recruiting dogs by feeding them and recruiting rare camp recruits, which have food costs, so the game forces you as to not waste the food.
- Jerk-recruiting uses the new system
- Changed two recruit1 events to no longer use the old "3 choices or leave behind system", as the new system makes this even more obsolete.
- Removed nodeathdrop from Rambeaux
- Buffed Ninja-countdown from 4-5 to 6-8
- Moody now destroys your entire group less often, but still does sometimes