Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track and manage lots of podcasts at the same time. Only listen to the episodes you want and easily skip the rest, queue up hours of podcasts at a time and enjoy a seamless listening experience with carplay compatibility, chapter support, trim silence and much, much more!
HOW IT WORKS
New episodes land in the NEW tab. Read their descriptions, add episodes you like to your QUEUE, and clear the rest.
Press play to listen to episodes from your QUEUE in order. Queued episodes are downloaded automatically.
Re-order your QUEUE to plan your next few hours of listening at any time. Browse your LIBRARY to review the back catalogue, quickly access starred shows, and see your listening history.
Subscribing to a podcast is no longer a commitment to listen to every episode. You don’t have to manage a huge list of subscriptions or choose a few shows and miss the rest.
WHY OUR USERS LOVE CASTRO
• Drag and drop podcasts to plan your listening with Castro’s unique queue
• An elegant dark mode and thoughtfully designed sleep timer offer the best in night time podcast listening.
• CarPlay support makes it easy to pick up where you left off while driving.
• Apple Watch app to control playback and select another episode from your queue.
• Episode notifications include a summary of the episode to help you decide if it interests you. Play, queue or clear the episode directly from the notification without opening the app.
Castro Plus is an optional paid subscription available for $18.99/year (includes a one-week trial). Plus unlocks a range of advanced features:
• Trim Silence — With this option on, the app will analyze audio as it plays to detect silent parts and accelerate those parts. Get through more episodes faster.
• Enhance Voices improves the listening experience for many podcasts and makes it easier to hear in loud environments. Under the hood, Enhance Voices applies a dynamic compressor to increase volume just where it’s needed.
• Sideloading: Import audio files directly, just by dropping them in iCloud Drive
• Mono-Mix — Mixes a stereo podcast to mono, which makes it easier to hear podcasts that pan some guests on left/right channels.
• Chapter Support: Artwork, Skipping & Pre-selection.
• Custom settings per-podcast: Episode Limit, Trim Silence, Enhance Voices, Mono Mix, Skip Intros, Playback Speed.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Castro 3 is an incredible app.”
— The Sweet Setup
“Castro 3 is everything Castro already was, but better.”
Castro 3 Is a Great Modern Podcast App”
— Beautiful Pixels
“Unlike other podcatchers, Castro's primary virtue is its simplicity and ease of use. The app combines sleek visual design with crystal clear audio.”
— Tom’s Guide
CASTRO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Castro Plus costs $18.99 per year. Prices are in US dollars and may vary in countries other than the US.
Castro Plus is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. It will renew on the day before the current subscription period ends. You can cancel auto-renewal any time from the Castro settings screen.
You can switch between the two subscription periods after you pick one, but your trial period will end immediately if you do, so it's best to wait till your free week is over before changing.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
WATCH SYNC IS HERE
All your favorite podcasts on your wrist.
Watch sync frees you up to listen completely untethered from your iPhone. Whether you’re out on a run, your kids have your phone during a road trip, or you just want to go phoneless for a while to minimise distractions, Castro’s Watch Sync has your favorite shows ready to listen.
QUEUE AUTO SYNC
The magic of Castro is in the queue, a wonderful place to set your listening on autopilot without clogging your phone with unwanted downloads. With Queue Auto Sync, Castro mirrors your listening between devices and automatically has what’s next ready to listen whenever you need it. You can limit synced episodes to the next 10, 20, or 30 in your Queue.
Episodes will sync to your watch when you’re on wifi, and will sync fastest when your watch is charging. You can kick off syncing any time from Settings > Watch Sync > Sync to Watch Now
SEND TO WATCH
See an episode in your queue you’d like to take with you? Any downloaded episode that isn’t already on your watch will have a Send to Watch button at the ready.
Not into syncing? Castro can now stream episodes in your queue straight from the watch over wifi or cellular.
Whether you’re listening on your phone or from your watch you can now control playback speed from the watch app. Neat.
GET IT NOW
Castro Plus subscribers running iOS 13 and watchOS 6 can get Watch Sync by downloading this update and turning on Watch Sync in Settings. Enjoy!
- Support for the following watch face complications: "Graphic Bezel", "Graphic Circular", "Graphic Corner"
- New haptic feedback when dragging and dropping episodes
- Fixed a bug with rearranging episodes in the queue on iOS 13.2
- Fixed a few different crashes that could happen when restoring from a backup
- CarPlay should resume properly after using Siri now
- Castro Plus pitch screen now includes a slide about hiding promoted content
- Promoted posts in discovery shouldn't swap out unexpectedly any more
- Fresh App Store installs shouldn't need "Restore Purchases" any more if Castro Plus subscription is still valid
- Fix for sending logs to support to help with debugging issues
- Text in discovery features now supports italic and bold formatting, how very 1990s of us (blinking text is as of yet unsupported)