Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track and manage lots of podcasts at the same time. Only listen to the episodes you want and easily skip the rest, queue up hours of podcasts at a time and enjoy a seamless listening experience with carplay compatibility, chapter support, trim silence and much, much more!
HOW IT WORKS
New episodes land in the NEW tab. Read their descriptions, add episodes you like to your QUEUE, and clear the rest.
Press play to listen to episodes from your QUEUE in order. Queued episodes are downloaded automatically.
Re-order your QUEUE to plan your next few hours of listening at any time. Browse your LIBRARY to review the back catalogue, quickly access starred shows, and see your listening history.
Subscribing to a podcast is no longer a commitment to listen to every episode. You don’t have to manage a huge list of subscriptions or choose a few shows and miss the rest.
WHY OUR USERS LOVE CASTRO
• Drag and drop podcasts to plan your listening with Castro’s unique queue
• An elegant dark mode and thoughtfully designed sleep timer offer the best in night time podcast listening.
• CarPlay support makes it easy to pick up where you left off while driving.
• Apple Watch app to control playback and select another episode from your queue.
• Episode notifications include a summary of the episode to help you decide if it interests you. Play, queue or clear the episode directly from the notification without opening the app.
Castro Plus is an optional paid subscription available for $18.99/year (includes a one-week trial). Plus unlocks a range of advanced features:
• Trim Silence — With this option on, the app will analyze audio as it plays to detect silent parts and accelerate those parts. Get through more episodes faster.
• Enhance Voices improves the listening experience for many podcasts and makes it easier to hear in loud environments. Under the hood, Enhance Voices applies a dynamic compressor to increase volume just where it’s needed.
• Sideloading: Import audio files directly, just by dropping them in iCloud Drive
• Mono-Mix — Mixes a stereo podcast to mono, which makes it easier to hear podcasts that pan some guests on left/right channels.
• Chapter Support: Artwork, Skipping & Pre-selection.
• Custom settings per-podcast: Episode Limit, Trim Silence, Enhance Voices, Mono Mix, Skip Intros, Playback Speed.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Castro 3 is an incredible app.”
— The Sweet Setup
“Castro 3 is everything Castro already was, but better.”
Castro 3 Is a Great Modern Podcast App”
— Beautiful Pixels
“Unlike other podcatchers, Castro's primary virtue is its simplicity and ease of use. The app combines sleek visual design with crystal clear audio.”
— Tom’s Guide
CASTRO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Castro Plus costs $18.99 per year. Prices are in US dollars and may vary in countries other than the US.
Castro Plus is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. It will renew on the day before the current subscription period ends. You can cancel auto-renewal any time from the Castro settings screen.
You can switch between the two subscription periods after you pick one, but your trial period will end immediately if you do, so it's best to wait till your free week is over before changing.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
With this update, Castro’s Night Mode is now darker, to fit in better with the iOS 13 aesthetic, and includes a true black background on the Now Playing screen.
We’re also introducing some goth app icon options for Castro Plus subscribers who aren't afraid of the dark.
Here’s what else we’ve changed or fixed:
- CHANGED the icon for recording a clip to share from the Now Playing screen
- CHANGED the Credits screen to welcome Jesse into the fold
- FIX for background refresh not working on iOS 13
- FIX for episode limits not getting applied until a new episode was published after changing the setting
- FIX for playback not resuming as expected after using Siri with CarPlay
- FIX for YouTube videos showing as sideloaded in the share extension but not showing up in Castro
- FIXED a crash that could happen when dropping episodes into Inbox when the Queue was empty
- FIX for strange things that could happen when performing actions on episodes while filtered to Inbox/Queue/Starred in an individual podcast
- FIX for clip sharing being automatically invoked upon opening the Now Playing screen with iOS 13 Voice Control enabled
- FIX for buttons in the now playing bar being faded out when iOS 13 Voice Control is enabled
- FIX for episode titles not showing properly in iMessage app when iOS 13 is in Dark Mode
- FIX for sideload extension navigation bar title being in the wrong color when iOS 13 is in Dark Mode
- FIX for “Subscribe in Castro” button showing in the sideload extension even though it can no longer be tapped in iOS 13
- FIX for “Open Support Website” opening the wrong website
- FIX for now playing bar artwork not showing after switching between circle/round-rect artwork