Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track and manage lots of podcasts at the same time. Only listen to the episodes you want and easily skip the rest, queue up hours of podcasts at a time and enjoy a seamless listening experience with carplay compatibility, chapter support, trim silence and much, much more!
HOW IT WORKS
New episodes land in the NEW tab. Read their descriptions, add episodes you like to your QUEUE, and clear the rest.
Press play to listen to episodes from your QUEUE in order. Queued episodes are downloaded automatically.
Re-order your QUEUE to plan your next few hours of listening at any time. Browse your LIBRARY to review the back catalogue, quickly access starred shows, and see your listening history.
Subscribing to a podcast is no longer a commitment to listen to every episode. You don’t have to manage a huge list of subscriptions or choose a few shows and miss the rest.
WHY OUR USERS LOVE CASTRO
• Drag and drop podcasts to plan your listening with Castro’s unique queue
• An elegant dark mode and thoughtfully designed sleep timer offer the best in night time podcast listening.
• CarPlay support makes it easy to pick up where you left off while driving.
• Apple Watch app to control playback and select another episode from your queue.
• Episode notifications include a summary of the episode to help you decide if it interests you. Play, queue or clear the episode directly from the notification without opening the app.
Castro Plus is an optional paid subscription available for $8.99/year or $2.99/quarter (both include a one-week trial). Plus unlocks a range of advanced features:
• Trim Silence — With this option on, the app will analyze audio as it plays to detect silent parts and accelerate those parts. Get through more episodes faster.
• Enhance Voices improves the listening experience for many podcasts and makes it easier to hear in loud environments. Under the hood, Enhance Voices applies a dynamic compressor to increase volume just where it’s needed.
• Sideloading: Import audio files directly, just by dropping them in iCloud Drive
• Mono-Mix — Mixes a stereo podcast to mono, which makes it easier to hear podcasts that pan some guests on left/right channels.
• Chapter Support: Artwork, Skipping & Pre-selection.
• Custom settings per-podcast: Episode Limit, Trim Silence, Enhance Voices, Mono Mix, Skip Intros, Playback Speed.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Castro 3 is an incredible app.”
— The Sweet Setup
“Castro 3 is everything Castro already was, but better.”
Castro 3 Is a Great Modern Podcast App”
— Beautiful Pixels
“Unlike other podcatchers, Castro's primary virtue is its simplicity and ease of use. The app combines sleek visual design with crystal clear audio.”
— Tom’s Guide
CASTRO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Castro Plus costs $8.99 per year or $2.99 per quarter. Prices are in US dollars and may vary in countries other than the US.
Castro Plus is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. It will renew on the day before the current subscription period ends. You can cancel auto-renewal any time from the Castro settings screen.
You can switch between the two subscription periods after you pick one, but your trial period will end immediately if you do, so it's best to wait till your free week is over before changing.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Discovery Section: Includes featured podcasts on category charts and our own curated recommendations feed. Check back each week to find new curated collections!
- Live Search: Searching for podcasts happens live as you type and should be much faster and more accurate than before.
- Faster Subscribing: You can now subscribe directly from search results without tapping in to the podcast first.
- The notification dot on the inbox now behaves more like social media apps — instead of being active until you empty your inbox, it’s only visible when there are new things added that you haven’t seen yet.
- Email Support option in settings is easier to find.
- Better support for universal links — Castro no longer sends them to Safari View Controller.
- Adds a setting to persist last user panel on now playing screen
- Inbox renamed to "New”. The Archive tab is now “Library”. Instead of “Archiving" episodes from inbox and queue you “Clear" them.
- Adjusted Enhance Voices to prevent clipping.
- Fixes issues where Castro could interrupt Siri while listening over AirPods.
- Improvements to memory management in the Watch App which will hopefully eliminate some crashes there.
- Fixes issue where Castro could crash when restoring backups, or toggling downloads on / off.
- Email links now work properly in show notes.
- Fixes issue where podcast artwork could load very slowly in search results.
- Failed downloads will now automatically retry 3 times instead of requiring the user to manually tap download.